Decorating on a budget? Tips to get more bang for your buck!
How do you get plenty of bang for your buck?
If you are like me you enjoy changing the look of your home from time to time so here are a few tips for decorating on a budget. Using these tips and others allow you to recycle items from your home or purchase items that cost you little money. Here are some decorating tips to give you added bang for your buck and a fresh new look in your home.
1. Paint! Paint is an inexpensive way to change the look of a room by simply giving it new color.
Maybe you are going for a soft romantic feel with soft sage colors or pretty pinks. Maybe your look is bright and bold. Whatever your style paint will give your room and instant face lift without breaking the bank. .
2. Furniture! You can change the look of a room by simply changing the arrangment of your furniture. Try moving the couch to the center of the room instead of placing everything up against the walls. Do groupings of furniture for cozy little nooks for reading and relaxing. This is a winner and costs you nothing. Don't forget to look in the attic or outside for items you forgot you even had. The money you save will allow you to buy that special piece of wall art you have been eyeing.
3. Pillows! Simply changing the throw pillow on your sofa can give a room a totally different look. Many of us who love the shabby cottage look of today have a white sofa or nuetral color sofa. Either way you can go from soft and sweet with pale romantic colors like soft pinks and beachy blues to bright and bold with vibrant reds or sunny yellow. Do you have old fabric tucked away in the closet? Wrap you sofa pillows with fabric! Simply wrap the pillow in the fabric like you were wrapping a present , you can pin the fabric in place on the backside an no one will be the wiser....
4. Plates! Another great way to add interest to your drab walls is decorating with plates. I have done this myself for years and I love the look. Most of us have old plates in our cabinets or pieces we have collected over the years stuffed in our china cabinets where no one really can see them.. Get um out girls and let them be seen and enjoyed! dress up those walls!
5. Last but not least, don't be afraid to try something new. Sometimes we get so used to seeing things in our house the same old way and just don't take the time to make it a little more inviting. Most of these ideas cost little or no money but can give you a new look on a budget. With all the money you save by just using some of these tips you might be able to splurge on something special you would enjoy for your home.
6. Shabby Lane Shops is the perfect place to shop for all your decorating needs. From pillows, beautiful china, rugs, or a special one of a kind piece of art; you can find it all right here, so stop by anytime and visit the wonderful shops of Shabby Lane Shops for all your decorating needs.
- ► 2015 (22)
- ► 2014 (9)
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (275)
- ▼ 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (79)
Shabby Lane Shops
Shabby Lane Shops is a wonderful online shopping mall and source to find romantic cottage, victorian, feminine, paris and french style, upscale boutique decor and accessories. Whether you are looking for uniquely beautiful and romantic furniture, handpainted decor, exquisite chandeliers, lamps and lighting, custom cottage pillows, linens, bags and totes, or boutique clothing using vintage chenille and treasured fabrics, Shabby Lane Shops can direct you to the right website. You'll also find one-of-a-kind artist made jewelry, inspirational gifts, incredible art pieces and exquisite rose painted furnishings, antiques, and vintage collectibles here offered by the most talented artists and boutique owners. Shabby Lane Shops will save you from having to spend countless hours searching the web for all your favorite shops and boutiques so be sure to save this site as one of your favorites and join our mailing list to receive the latest news on the best shops, special announcements and latest events.