Friday, August 1, 2008

Sew Graceful




From my mother and aunt who were always sewing our clothes or home décor items to my grandmother who brought the skills of embroidery, cutwork, and various other needlecrafts with her from Italy, I have always been surrounded by women who worked with fabric. It is funny that making quilts was never one of the activities they had time to learn. So several years ago, I set out to learn quilting. Unfortunately, many of the fabrics that I could find locally were not what I was looking for…so I started Sew Graceful. I am so happy to be able to offer some of the best fabrics available today for both quilting and home décor. My focus is on romantic cottage fabrics, like the ever popular Barefoot Roses collection designed by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit or the Mary Rose collections by Robert Kaufman. Lately, I’ve also expanded into children’s fabrics like the Cherry Baby collection by Lakehouse Drygoods. Fabrics by some well known designers are on the horizon…Valori Wells, Donna Dewberry, Heather Bailey, Erin McMorris, Anna Maria Horner and more. Also coming, just in time for the holiday season…Chateaux Rococo fabrics by Robyn Pandolph and the Chateaux Rococo Christmas Quilt kit. As I have watched my business grow, I’ve also decided to focus more on handcrafted products. So, look for more handcrafted home décor, purses, totes, and market bags, baby products, and paper whimsies. I have enjoyed the new direction my life has taken. I have met many wonderful ladies and men (Yes!! Men do quilt and sew!) on my journey and look forward to the beautiful road that lies ahead. I hope you visit me soon. God Bless!




Blog Archive

Shabby Lane Shops

Shabby Lane Shops is a wonderful online shopping mall and source to find romantic cottage, victorian, feminine, paris and french style, upscale boutique decor and accessories. Whether you are looking for uniquely beautiful and romantic furniture, handpainted decor, exquisite chandeliers, lamps and lighting, custom cottage pillows, linens, bags and totes, or boutique clothing using vintage chenille and treasured fabrics, Shabby Lane Shops can direct you to the right website. You'll also find one-of-a-kind artist made jewelry, inspirational gifts, incredible art pieces and exquisite rose painted furnishings, antiques, and vintage collectibles here offered by the most talented artists and boutique owners. Shabby Lane Shops will save you from having to spend countless hours searching the web for all your favorite shops and boutiques so be sure to save this site as one of your favorites and join our mailing list to receive the latest news on the best shops, special announcements and latest events.

About Shabby Lane Shops